The next two pics are bits of the rubbing strake I removed. It was in lots of different pieces and differnt woods and some was rotten and badly fitted or lose. I decided to remove it, some was bolted on and some screwed through the hull leaving sharp screws sticking out inside.
The sample on the left is the likely one I will use as it has a lip to accomodate the step where deck overlaps hull. Plenty of room for some sealant. The profile is screwed in place then the tube put in afterwards. Comes in blue, black or red and different sizes. The second profile from the same company is intersting as you can sand the surface to look like wood from a distance but it is flat profile where is goes agains the hull and I coul dnot get the white part to fit correctly so no use for the Alacrity unless I put an infill piece on the hull before fitting but that would be too fiddly I think. If you see my link to Misty the Silhouette Edward has used the white profile and it looks great.
I wanted a woode strake on the stern so I laminated three pieces of teak over a former to get the curve and this will be bolted and screwed onto sealant oncce the hull has been painted. I coatedthe wood with epoxy and it will be varnished to finish it off. The picture below is looking across the stern from port side.
Below shows a bolt going right through the new strake with a brass plate. This is on the centre line.