Tuesday 19 October 2010

The old and new galley sink

This is the old fibreglass sink that was on the starboard side of the boat. It had a hinged lid and very small outlet which drained through the hull. It was a formica top.




You can see the waste outlet after the sink was removed and more blue fleck paint...






This is the new sink surround with the hole for the new sink.







I had a stainless sink that I had on a previous boat, long story, so I used it here. Otherwise I would probably have just used a plastic bowl which could be thrown over board. Not sure what I will cover the wood in to keep moisture out.



There will not be a tap or anything just a plastic jerry can with a tap. Not sure where it will be sighted yet but it looks quite a good spot below but I have yet to see if my kettle will fit under the tap, very important....








No comments:

Post a Comment